Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Daylight Savings Time


m
Hey...the lights real nice...you want to do that photo?
Which one?
You with your ipod...on the lawn.
Oh...that one. Ok. I need a stick though. The big stick.
Ya, that should look cool...I like that.
What do you want me to do?
Well....its kind of like you just getting into the music like you do out there, but we'll take a photo from across the street. And then the car doors, we'll just leave them open. It'll look like we just got home or something.
Ok, hang on... lemme find that song.
Which one?
The Static Age. Was there really a time called The Static Age?
Nah...they just came up with it for the song.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is your project and you have been producing this imagery for a few years now. Unfortunately, the implication here is that this child was knocked unconscious with the stick and left on the front lawyn to be discovered. You included dialogue to explain the story otherwise.

bird. said...

Or, it's a different story. Perhaps that's the point. We don't really know what happened here. The viewer creates the dialog.

Crewdson does all sorts of weird shit. How many of his viewers are really sure what they're looking at in his photos?

Regardless of what this image means, it's created dialog and solicited a response.

I dig.

chirp.

Timothy Archibald said...

Anony-
Yes...I like images that allow you to project in to them and tell your own story. I told you mine and I guess you told me yours. This is all good....thanks for reaching out.
TA

Matthew Reamer said...

I just like the fact that your kid likes the Misfits.