Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Darrell Eager


D.E. 8/2010

I stayed in Minneapolis and extra day after a recent shoot to deal with rentals and logistics and had the good fortune to have lunch with photographer Darrell Eager. It was too short, I was too distracted, I was headed to the airport, but one sentence stuck with me that so spells out the dedication needed to juggle art, family and commerce:

My energy early on was in the art world. I ran an auto body shop from 7 am to 6 pm. From 6 pm to 10 pm I did the family thing. Then from 10 pm to 2 am I used that time for my art. I could get exhibitions seemingly at will. But it was so difficult to make money.

Darrell Eager works commercially now. Like me he hates the Hipstamatic! Thus I had to shoot him with it. See his work HERE.


New work by D.E., 8/2010

No comments: