Friday, October 25, 2013

Ghiel de Best : Much Love




Groggy Monday and I'm greeted by a Facebook message that made my day in ways I can't even explain. A totally honest and positive moment, and the details in Ghiel's work were doing the things only paint can do. The texture on the box and paint surface, in all its tangible quality is like...real. And his take on the curve of my son's stomach and the edge of his desk are just dead on.
If I could buy this piece, I would:

Hi Timothy -
My name is Ghiel de Best, I'm a visual artist from Holland. I stumbled upon the beautiful pictures of your son and I actually used one as an inspiration to one of my paintings. You can see it on my website http://ghieldebest.com

I hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures. I actually really hope that you even like it. Besides that, just wanted to say that I really enjoy your pictures!
Much love,
Ghiel de Best

See Ghiel de Best's piece in all it's splendor HERE.


No comments: